Thursday, July 3, 2014

Makeup Essentials

So today I thought I would make a post about the makeup essentials I use. I don't use anything super fancy or expensive because I'm not rich, but what I use is good quality and lasts a long time. I also like things that don't wear off by the end of the day, and most of these don't.

BASE: I start off with foundation. I use Maybelline New York Fit me! foundation stick -top left-. I like the stick foundation much better then liquid. In my opinion, (which is definitely not professional) the liquid feels heavy and wears off by the end of the day. So I switched to the stick and I've been loving it. I also recommend you put powder over it afterwards. I use the Maybelline New York Fit me! pressed powder -top middle-. (do you see a trend?) They have a lot of different shades so it can be kind of overwhelming to try to find the right one, but once you get it right it looks great. Then I usually put some Baby Lips on next to soften up my lips while I do my eyes. I use the Dr. Rescue Soothing Sorbet -top right- for this. Warning, it smells and tastes like cough drops, but it works wonders for chapped or dry lips.

EYES: I usually start with eyeshadow and I usually use the eyeshadow in my Sephora box -middle left- because it has so many colors and they are all highly pigmented. It's not too hard to find the right color because they are separated into colors then into shades. Then I do my eye liner if I decide I want eyeliner on that day. I've tried pencil and it feels very heavy to me so I changed to liquid. When I did that, I found this liquid pencil and I love it. It's the New York Color High Definition Liquid Eyeliner in soft black -middle right-. I like it because it feels light and it isn't so strikingly black that you can barely look at it like some eyeliners, but it's still dark enough that you can see it well. I often do cat eyes but sometimes I just stick with a line across my lash line. For me, I don't particularly like the look of eyeliner under the eyes so I don't usually do that. But each to their own I guess. Then, obviously I put on some mascara. I actually have 2 mascara types that I use. One is Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara in black -bottom mid right-. The other is New York Color City Curls -bottom right-. Clinique is good for everyday wear and the New York Color is good for special occasions because it really makes your lashes long, curly, and dark.

LIPS: Most of the time, I usually just wear my Baby Lips Dr. Rescue, but sometimes I like to wear lipstick. When I do, I have two colors that I use the most because they are so pigmented and vibrant. One is New York Color Retro Red (color 308) -bottom left-. I actually got this color because I was in my high school's production of Grease and I had to wear bright red lipstick. It definitely is bright red and is amazing. I love it. The other color is Maybelline New York Plum Paradise (color 425). This is my absolute favorite color ever and it lasts pretty much the whole day (depending on how many times you eat). I definitely wear this the most out of any lipstick I own.

So that's all my makeup essentials. I have a lot that I like to wear but I wear makeup pretty much every day so it's good to have favorites!

Hugs and Kisses!

~Lauryn Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment